Moin Moin, After much superior to the internal data storage in our household was a true NAS or something else as an alternative to the selection. According to some opinions regarding the NAS device with "open" Linux system because I am ultimately still be in a PC-based version stuck. After a standard PC takes too much power from the socket and also much too large, I'm quite fast on the new Intel ® Atom processor technology arrived. So was purchased from KM Electronics on Saturday, the Intel D945GCLF2 Essential Series. Initial tests, however, found on the table instead of without. First experiment Windows 7 on an old 80GB 2 1 / 2 "S-ATA HD. I was also pleasantly surprised how fast the Vista successor, is running on the dwarf. The installation did not last much longer as in the 2 GHz Dell laptop with the same HD. Only Windows 7 as Beta which was also only 30 days expire on the left is of course nothing for data storage. So have I inserted the Windows Home Server DVD and Home Server installed based on the Server 2003. Well, the installation was quite long time not as in Windows 7 < 30 minuten aber jetzt wo diese fertig installiert ist läuft der WHS sehr gut. Auch die Remotconsole ist gut bedienbar.
I Freak for installation where as DC has also directly after the driver install BOINC. And what to say in the project Milkyway @ Home brings the Atom platform with the optimized P3D client> 1000 credits per day;)
Well if the matter now, a Windows-based system is installed now I have started installing diverses still on the WHS. Shall run now on the Atom platform is not yet the windows home server with its "normal" home server tasks but additionally: IIS, FTP server, TeamSpeak, the DynDNS Updater, the P3D Statsupdater, Fritz Isdn X, MRTG!. Effects is still the SSL Explorer and we'll see what I find even the smallest dual core with HT to employ. First I have more data per GB Lan already pushed to the Shares and am using a network traffic to just 45 - 50% So to 50MB / s quite happy. Interesting in any case, the increase in such arias copy the memory usage to maximum and drops again as slowly. So it seems with the caching to work very well with the Windows Home Server. All in all, I am begeisert of the dwarf. If the system still Firewire would have because I would probably shaft even sometimes as a Media Center for DVB-C test out but the one available PCI is in the WHS well on short or long a PCI S-ATA include II controller card since the board's only 2x S ATA and IDE has one.
0 comments:
Post a Comment